Current schedule, calendar of events and openings are listed in the attachment.
I hope everyone can attend the DuPage PADS fundraiser photo Sat. Oct. 3rd at 11:15 am! It will be held outside my home, weather permitting. Students will be given t-shirts to wear in the photo, and stand together socially distant apart. Everyone who attends will wear masks.
Piano and voice lessons resume week of August 24th on either in-person, Zoom or FaceTime as scheduled. We’ll see all of you soon!
How are you? It has been so long since I’ve seen you! I hope all of you are safe and well from August 10 storms, tornado and power outages. Here are some highlights from the attachment!
1) Fall schedule starts the week of August 24th. Everyone should have their lesson scheduled but if not, please let me know. A current openings list is in the newsletter.
2) I planned to postal mail fall lesson information last week but was delayed due to last week’s power outages. Watch your mailboxes to receive around August 22nd.
3) Our annual DuPage PADS fundraiser will be held August 24 – October 3rd. A photograph and t-shirt party will be held on Sat. October 3rd at 11:15 am to celebrate. Our goal this year is to raise $1,500 for their Share the Fare program.
4) A 2020-2021 Studio Calendar is also listed in this newsletter. Please mark your calendars!
5) October, November and December Group Lessons are cancelled due to COVID concerns. I plan to resume them in April 2021 or when it is safe to do so.
6) Please ask your kids to keep a pencil on their piano or keyboard to complete written assignments. No pen because mistakes cannot easily be erased.
7) A link to our 2020 Virtual Piano & Voice Concerts is available on this website – just click on the Concerts tab to access.
Good luck to all for an amazing start to the school year. See you next week!
Hope everyone is well and having a good summer. Attached is August’s piano and voice newsletter.
*There are no regular lessons scheduled for August 3-22. Lessons resume the week of August 24th.
*August invoices will be emailed the week of July 20th based on current lesson schedules. Many schools are considering their fall schedule options at this time. If you need a different lesson day and time please let me know as soon as possible.
*Group lessons are suspended for months of October, November and December 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns. Private lessons will occur as scheduled. I plan to resume Group Lessons in April 2021.
*The 2020 Calendar of Events appears in the attached newsletter.
Stay safe and well!
While some students have moved to in-person lessons most of my studio prefers online lessons. Online lessons provide opportunities for students to take more ownership of their learning. I want students to be critical listeners and to hear the musical concepts we are discussing during their lesson. Recordings can be made during Zoom lessons to review later as questions arise. If your lessons are currently on FaceTime and you would like to switch to Zoom so you can record your lessons please let me know!
The article below lists some basic concepts parents and students can use to make the most of their online lessons. Please pass these along to your pianist/vocalist! I especially like two ideas from column 2. First, “Listen carefully to everything your teacher says and plays. If you are unclear about what you heard, be honest about it and ask for a redo. (The screen makes it harder to see and hear clearly, so they will understand.)” I sometimes ask students for a redo for the same reasons. The second is “Above all, the one ingredient that will help make your online lessons a success is patience!”
I hope this is informative and helpful.
Source: “Piano Explorer Magazine” July/August 2020.
With so much time and attention recently focused on the 2020 concert programs I missed letting everyone know a small number of recordings from the 2019 concerts are available using the link below and the 2019 Concerts tab. Due to file size and copyright difficulties with YouTube, there was only space to feature a small number of performers. I did not use YouTube for 2020 concerts in order to avoid YouTube’s requirements thus making it possible to include everyone. A link to the 2020 concerts will appear on the website later this month. Enjoy their performances!
There are no lessons scheduled Monday, June 29 – Saturday, July 11th. See you the week of July 13th. Have a great July 4th!
Happy Father’s Day! Many thanks for supporting your child’s love of music! I hope you have a wonderful day.